When it comes to a practical consumption of CBD, cannabidiol-infused candies are many people’s favorite type of edible.
They allow you to take your dose of CBD while enjoying the luscious flavor of candy. Because mint is one of the main ingredients, CBD mints also give you an extra thing – a fresh breath.
Today we’ll get to know these aromatic CBD edibles, and we’ll also show you how to make some at home.
What Are CBD Mints?
CBD mints are a type of cannabidiol-infused hard candy with a dominant taste of mint.
The mint flavor comes from the extract of mentha plants, and it has many types: peppermint, spearmint, apple mint, orange mint, chocolate mint and so forth.
This is why you can acquire several different “minty” types of CBD candy.
Depending on the manufacturer, CBD mints are infused with various amounts of cannabidiol, usually ranging from 5mg to 10mg per single candy, which makes them perfect for microdosing.
How to Take CBD Mints?
CBD mints are great for discreet consumption, since they look like any other regular mints or hard candies.
One of their biggest advantages is the fact that they’re very practical and easy to use. When it’s time for your dose of CBD, take a mint and let it melt it in your mouth.
CBD mints have a better CBD bioavailability compared to other CBD edibles, because you keep them in your mouth until they dissolve. This means they don’t have to pass through our digestive system, where a great portion of CBD molecules get broken down before they reach the bloodstream.
How to Make CBD Mints?
CBD mints easily can be made at home, in a few simple steps and only a couple of ingredients.
By following the instructions listed below you can make approximately 20 CBD mints, each containing around 5mg of cannabidiol.
An important note: Keep in mind your prescribed daily dose of cannabidiol, and don’t exceed it.
- 100mg of CBD (5 full droppers of our regular CBD oil)
- 6 tablespoons of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 3 teaspoons of natural peppermint (or any other mint) flavoring
- A couple of drops of food coloring (optional)
- Candy molds
- Candy thermometer
- A saucepan
- A steering tool
- A candy container
- Take the saucepan and mix the sugar, syrup, and water.
- Slowly stir and heat the mixture until it boils, reaching the temperature of around 120℃ (250F).
- Using the candy thermometer, check the temperature of the mixture, and once it reaches 150℃ (305F) remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Add the CBD oil, peppermint, and food coloring into the mixture, and stir again.
- Pour the mixture into the molds, and let it cool down and harden.
- Remove the mints from the molds, try one, and store the rest in your candy container.