Taking a soapy bath after a long tedious workday is a truly wonderful thing.
A bunch of different products can enhance the bathing experience: scented shower gels, adding essential oils and bathing salts into the water, or lighting aromatic candles for a relaxing atmosphere.
In the past couple of years, bath bombs became one of the most popular bathing accessories.
They come in a variety of colors, scents and textures. They’re also made with a wide variety of ingredients, in order to satisfy the customer’s every need.
Although the market offers a trillion different bath bombs, sometimes it’s difficult to find a bath bomb that’s perfect for you.
If you’re struggling with this issue, making a customized bath bomb at the comfort of your home is a fantastic idea.
Making CBD bath bombs from scratch isn’t really rocket science, and with a couple of basic ingredients and a few cooking tools you can easily “build” the bath bomb of your dreams.
Without further delay, here’s our unique CBD bath bomb recipe that will certainly spice up your relax-time.
You’ll need these ingredients for making 2 CBD-infused bath bombs:
- 4 ounces of baking soda
- 2 ounces of Epsom salt
- 2 ounces of cornstarch
- 2 ounces of citric acid
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil (it should be kept at room-temperature, so you can easily mix it with the other ingredients)
- 1 tablespoon of water
- A few drops of your favorite essential oils
- One or two drops of food coloring (if you want your bath bombs to be colorful)
- 40mg of CBD (20mg per bath bomb)
CBD bath bombs usually contain between 20mg and 100mg of CBD per bomb, and in this recipe we’ll be making “rookie bombs”, which have 20mg of CBD in each bath bomb.
Always consider the potency of the CBD oil you plan to use (how much mg of CBD is in one dropper of oil).
This is essential for calculating how much CBD oil you’ll need for a single bath bomb.
For instance, if you are using our regular CBD oil, it has 20mg of CBD in one dropper, so you’ll require two droppers for two bath bombs.
On the other hand, if you’re using our advanced CBD oil (which has 40mg of CBD in each dropper), you’ll require one dropper for two bath bombs.
You’ll need these kitchen tools:
- Two bath bomb molds (plastic or metal)
- A whisk (or a spatula)
- Two mixing bowls
- A plastic wrap (or containers) for storing your bath bombs
How to Make CBD Bath Bombs at Home
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in one bowl, and all liquid ones (oils, water, colors) in a different bowl.
- While gently stirring, slowly pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients bowl.
- Check the consistency of the mixture. The mixture should be wet enough to stick together when you smash it with a spatula. If it’s too dry you can always add more water or coconut oil.
- Fill the molds with the mixture.
- Let the mixture set into the molds for a couple of minutes, so it can keep the shape of the bath bomb.
- Gently remove the molds from the bath bombs, and leave them to dry for a few hours.
- Your CBD bath bombs are now ready.
Take one and enjoy your CBD-infused bath!
You should store the other bomb in a plastic bag/container until the next use. Be sure that the container you plan to use is airtight and moisture resistant because bath bombs become mushy when they’re in contact with water and moisture.
You can also gift wrap the unused CBD bath bomb, and surprise one of your friends with an interesting homemade present.