Skin is the largest organ of the human body. One of the most important functions of the skin is protection, since it acts as a shield and guards the body from the numerous negative influences of the external world.
Because of this it’s always good to care for your skin and keep it vibrant and healthy.
Although nutrition has a crucial influence on the skin, what we put on the skin (beauty and skin care products) equally aids it to function properly.
The skincare industry is therefore always on the lookout for new and innovative ingredients to include in their products, and offer the consumers an upgraded skin care regimen.
Sometimes these novel ingredients have an artificial origin. On the other hand, consumers who want to give their skin the best care possible generally try to avoid any synthetic ingredients and opt out for 100% natural products.
It’s no wonder how a completely natural ingredient like CBD found its way into the skincare market. From CBD face masks and shampoos to cannabidiol-infused mascaras, CBD products became an integral part of beauty rituals for a lot of people.
Here are the main CBD beauty products that can be found on the market, which can potentially replace your “regular” skin care products:
- CBD soap (Cannabidiol-infused soaps, sometimes enriched with other ingredients, are used for skin cleaning)
- CBD face mask (Come in in the form of creams or sheet masks, moisturized with cannabidiol oil and used to refresh and hydrate the skin. CBD face masks should be applied on dry and clean skin, so they’re often used as a second step in the routine)
- CBD face serum (Face serums infused with a particular dose of cannabidiol are used for moisturizing the skin of the face)
- CBD skin cream (Same as CBD face serums, CBD skin creams are topical, and depending on their content can be used either solely on the face, or both the face and the body)
- CBD lip balm (Designed for lip care, they’re usually tinted and made in various colors and scents)
CBD beauty products besides cannabidiol sometimes also contain hemp seed oil, which is rich in fatty acids (both omega-3 and omega-6).
This is important since essential fatty acids are generally considered to act as great moisturizers, and can play a capital role in supporting adequate functioning of the skin.
Also, different CBD beauty products have different types of CBD extract in them. Some are made with full-spectrum CBD oil, some contain only isolated CBD, but most are made with broad-spectrum CBD oil.
Can I Get High From Using CBD Beauty Products?
One of the biggest questions that plagues people who are considering switching to CBD beauty products is: will these products get me high?Since CBD beauty and skin care products are generally made with broad spectrum CBD oil which contains truly miniscule amounts of THC (the psychoactive compound), there is no concern that these products are capable of causing intoxication.