Taking CBD in the form of tinctures, vaping oils and capsules is impractical for some people. Certain consumers find capsules hard to swallow, while others don’t like the taste of tinctures or they simply don’t feel comfortable vaping CBD.
A problem solver for these users is CBD oil in the form of edibles.
They’re one of the tastiest ways to consume CBD oil, which also happens to be quite practical.
CBD honey sticks or straws (how some people like to call them) can be consumed anywhere and anytime. They’re easy to carry around, they don’t require any additional equipment, and they look just like regular honey sticks.
Not only are they practical and delicious, but they can also be made at home in a couple of simple steps.
So, if you have some spare time and want to try a new way of taking a dose of cannabidiol, stay with us and read through to the end.
What Are CBD Honey Sticks and How to Take Them
CBD honey sticks (aka CBD honey straws) are straws filled with cannabidiol-infused honey. They have a liquid structure, and there are a couple of easy ways to use them.
You can pour the CBD-infused honey right from the straw into your favorite beverage (coffee, tea or smoothie), but also use it as a salad dressing or a cereal topping.
Honey masks the flavor of CBD very well, so if you don’t like the taste of CBD oil, honey sticks are a perfect option for you.
Okay, now that we’re acquainted with CBD honey straws, let’s check out how to make them in the comfort of your home.
How to Make CBD Honey Stick at Home
For this occasion, we’ll be making 20 CBD honey sticks that will have 10mg of CBD per straw.
So, we will need 200mg of CBD for this recipe (total number of sticks multiplied by the amount of CBD per stick).
We’re going to use our Vida+ Advanced CBD tincture, which contains 40mg of CBD in one dropper. We will need 5 full droppers of this CBD oil for the recipe.
- 100gr of honey
- 200mg of CBD oil tincture
- A saucepan
- A steering tool
- Straws (sticks)
- A thermometer
- A lighter (or a candle)
- A measuring glass cup
- A pair of needle-nose pliers
- A syringe
- Take the water with a saucepan, and place it inside a measuring cup (make sure not to pour too much water)
- Heat the water to 95F. Use a thermometer to check the temperature. Maintain 95F during the whole process of making CBD honey sticks.
- Pour the honey and CBD oil into the measuring cup, and stir together.
- After a while (about 20-30 minutes) remove the saucepan from the heat, and let CBD honey cool down so it’s safe for handling.
- When the mixture has cooled down, insert the CBD honey into the straws with a syringe.
- Next, heat one end of the straw (holding the end of a straw a couple of inches from the lighter). Be careful to avoid burning yourself.
- Using pliers, press together one end of the straw, and repeat this process with the other end.