Gummies are a favorite type of candy for millions of people. Besides being delicious, they also come in rainbowy colors, interesting flavors and fun shapes. That’s why a lot of CBD companies offer products in the form of gummies.
Not only do these sweets taste fantastic, they’re also very practical and are perfect for anyone who wants to take their CBD on the go.
Today’s market offers many varieties of cannabidiol-infused gummies. Producers combine interesting flavors with plentiful shapes and different doses of CBD, just to please consumers with different preferences.
Despite all of this, some users still can’t find CBD gummies with the perfect flavor, but also with a desired amount of CBD.
The good news is that with an awesome recipe CBD gummy treats can easily be made at home.
Making CBD gummies at home allows you to unleash your creativity and experiment with flavors and colors. Most importantly, when you make your own CBD gummies, you have the freedom to determine the exact amount of cannabidiol that will be infused in your gummies.
Check out our recipe below, and in a couple of simple steps learn how to make unique CBD gummies.
Homemade CBD Gummies Recipe
This recipe is perfect for moments when you have a sweet tooth, but also want to take a dose of CBD.
Following the instructions and ingredient measures stated below, you will get about 20 bear-shaped gummies, with 3mg of CBD per gummy.
Ingredients and Tools That You’ll Need:
- ½ cup of fruit juice (whichever flavor you fancy)
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 4 teaspoons of gelatin
- 1 tablespoon of honey, stevia or other sweeteners (the amount of sweetener is optional, it depends on how sweet you want your gummies to be)
- 60mg of CBD oil (one full dropper of our Ultimate CBD oil)
- A measuring cup, a teaspoon, and a tablespoon
- Silicone molds for gummy bears
- A dropper
- A saucepan
- A whisk and a spatula
CBD Gummy Dosing Tips
As we already mentioned, one of the greatest advantages of making CBD gummies at home is the freedom to alter the amount of CBD.
To calculate how much CBD oil you will need for the whole recipe, simply multiply the desired dose of CBD per gummy with the total number of gummies.
Also, when making CBD gummies, you should know that it’s very hard to set the exact amount of cannabidiol to the smallest figure, but you’ll do just fine with approximate doses that are close to the exact number.
In this recipe, we’ll be using our Ultimate CBD oil, which has 60mg of CBD in one full dropper.
On the other hand, if you’re using our Regular CBD oil (which has 20mg of CBD in a full dropper), you’ll need 3 droppers to fit the recipe’s requirements.
The important thing to mention is that CBD oils have different potencies (amount of CBD per bottle), so before you opt out for a particular oil, always check how much CBD it has.
- Pour gelatin, water, and juice in a saucepan. Add honey (or sweetener)
- Using a whisk, mix thoroughly
- Place the saucepan with ingredients on medium heat and gently stir until the gelatin is dissolved (be careful not to boil the mixture)
- Remove the saucepan from the stove
- Add the CBD oil into the mixture, and stir it with a spatula
- Using a dropper fill the molds with the mixture (it will become thicker as it cools down, so you need to be quick about it)
- Refrigerate for an hour
- Check if the gummies are solidified, and pop them out of the molds
- Enjoy the yummy CBD infused candies
You should also know that too much heat is not good for CBD, because it evaporates at high temperatures (above 320℉ / 160℃).
But since you’ll be adding the CBD oil to the medium-heated mixture, there’s no concern that this temperature can damage CBD molecules.
What Is the Onset Time of CBD Gummies?
Like with any other edible, CBD in the gummies needs to pass through the digestive system to get into the bloodstream and become active.
How fast you will feel the effects of cannabidiol greatly depends on your body’s metabolism, but it usually takes between one and two hours for the effects of CBD gummies to kick in.